Any of you who have eaten dinner with us recently know that this is a MISERABLE time for Jake....my least favorite time of the day in fact! My apologies if you've had to "dine" with us and put up with this nonsense first hand!! For at least 6 months he only wanted baby type of food...now we've decided he's old enough to understand the concept of "sorry kid, that's what's for dinner". So, we give him what we are having for dinner + 1/2 of a banana so that he won't starve. To make a LONG story short, he hasn't eaten dinner in almost about 3 weeks, no matter what it is!! No dessert, no TV....doesn't make a difference....and this kid does not respond to peer pressure or bribes....what is WRONG with him?! We read a lot and one of his favorites is Green Eggs & Ham.....you'd think he would get a clue from this story?! So, I made him GREEN eggs and ham for dinner last night and you can see his response. I'm beginning to think it's a lost cause. Despite the dramatic picture I may have painted here, please don't worry.....he's not wasting away and I know he'll eat if he is hungry (still eats breakfast and lunch with no problem for all of you who think I am a cruel mom who is starving her child!!). But I really hope this phase ends sooner rather than later.....
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Green Eggs & Ham
Any of you who have eaten dinner with us recently know that this is a MISERABLE time for Jake....my least favorite time of the day in fact! My apologies if you've had to "dine" with us and put up with this nonsense first hand!! For at least 6 months he only wanted baby type of food...now we've decided he's old enough to understand the concept of "sorry kid, that's what's for dinner". So, we give him what we are having for dinner + 1/2 of a banana so that he won't starve. To make a LONG story short, he hasn't eaten dinner in almost about 3 weeks, no matter what it is!! No dessert, no TV....doesn't make a difference....and this kid does not respond to peer pressure or bribes....what is WRONG with him?! We read a lot and one of his favorites is Green Eggs & Ham.....you'd think he would get a clue from this story?! So, I made him GREEN eggs and ham for dinner last night and you can see his response. I'm beginning to think it's a lost cause. Despite the dramatic picture I may have painted here, please don't worry.....he's not wasting away and I know he'll eat if he is hungry (still eats breakfast and lunch with no problem for all of you who think I am a cruel mom who is starving her child!!). But I really hope this phase ends sooner rather than later.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
too funny .. (for me to say, huh?) Sounds like you're handling it right! I'll be curious to hear what progress there's been in the past 3 months... If he's still in this stage by the time he starts school, he'll come home with threats of calling CPS on you! (Shane did that once! But he was worried about if it was a long-distance call!)
Post a Comment