
We were driving yesterday morning and saw this little dog walking around....no tag. It was 9am and already 95 degrees out, so I knocked on some doors but didn't find his home. Couldn't bear to leave him outside and wandering in the heat, so I thought we'd keep him inside for a little while. I put up some signs, left my info with the shelter, and was SURE that someone would claim this little guy momentarily. When he came inside, he jumped right up on the couch and made himself at home. He was SOO sweet.....let the kids play with him, snuggled right up to everyone, and was DEFINITELY someone's pet. Since nobody had come for him, we let him stay at our house for the night. When I climbed in bed, he hopped IN bed with me and snuggled up on my pillow. Not gonna work for me....I love dogs, but have never had a 'lap animal' of any kind. So my new dog friend and I bunked on the couch together instead.....I needed my space :) He was just fine on the other end of the couch from me. To my amazement, a day and a half later, nobody had claimed him. And I learned that he is NOT an outside dog.....left him out there for an hour or so to run an errand and came home to a destroyed screen door. Ugghh.....I'm sure Brian's going to have a few choice words over that!! In any case, the shelter has picked him up now and ASSURED me that if the owners don't find a home for this dog, he would be adopted with NO problem and not put to sleep. Jake is NOT going to be happy when he wakes up and his buddy is gone. He's told me on more than one occasion that he LOVES the dog and will miss him when he's not here. Mia loves all furry friends and couldn't have been happier with our visitor!

No comments:
Post a Comment