Monday, December 20, 2010

Busted

Auntie Julie and Uncle Tim watched the kids for us today and while Mia was sleeping, Jake and Uncle Tim decided to go to the mall and do some holiday shopping. Tim thought it was funny that Jake led him directly to See's candy and knew just how to get there. Since it was the Sunday before Christmas, the line was obscene, but Jake was willing to wait for his chocolate covered raisins.....they waited for FORTY minutes. And apparently Jake suckered Uncle Tim into holding him for that time (keep in mind he's 3.5 years old, 35 pounds, and more than able to stand on his own). So when they FINALLY make it to the ordering counter, the woman not only recognized Jake, but said "oh yes, his mom always lets him get the chocolate covered raisins....but we're out of the scotch kisses that she normally orders for herself. It's no secret that I have a sweet tooth....and yes, when I go to the mall, I always stop into See's for some candy.....but I swear it's not often enough for the staff to know my order and recognize my kids!! In any case, Tim called to tell me that I'd been busted and we had a good laugh. No pics to go along with it, but worth writing down so that I remember this little story :)

No comments: