Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Owie

Well, we had our first "owie" that required a visit to the Dr. About 1/2 hour after I returned home from the annual SF holiday trip with Mom and Julie (yes, this is an old post that I forgot to make!), Mia ran full speed into the granite tile counter in the kitchen. This counter is at the worst height for toddlers and more than a few kids have "bonked" it....but this was the first real injury. Brian stayed with Jake while I took MIa to urgent care. Can't tell you how thankful I am to the genius who decided to try using super glue on injuries like this instead of stitches! We arrived at the Dr. and Mia was her usual self....of course she bonked her head on the chair in the waiting room and it started bleeding a lot more! The Dr. had her lay on her back, he dropped some medical grade super glue on it, let it dry.....and voila! NO tears, no pain....I'm a big fan! Mia will have a small scar on her forehead probably, but it turned out to be no big deal! Whew!

No comments: