Sunday, June 22, 2014

Two little swimmers!

I know that the idea of spending most of their summer Saturdays at swim meets sounds miserable to most people, but I LOVE it!  This year, both of the kids are on the team!  The first swim meet this weekend and it was a long day, but lots of fun.  When I was 5 and participating at my first swim meet, I stood on the block and would not jump in the water when the gun went off......a story that has been told MANY times over the years by my parents.  Well, Mia followed in my footsteps.  She was SO excited and then we walked up with all of the swimmers....the girl behind her started crying and she looked up at me and said "Mommy, I don't wanna do it!!!".   Once she got started crying, there was no convincing her.  The good news, is that she did swim the other 2 races with a smile (and a little bit of bribery).  True to form, Jake had a meltdown during warmups (as he did the first meet of the last season), but got it out of his system and had a GREAT day.  I was the parent coordinator for the 7/8 boys and had a minor (Brian would say major) freak out when one of my relay swimmers could not be located.  But all in all, it really was a great day and I'm hoarse from cheering on my two Fast Dolphins!  One other bonus this year is that cousin Grady is on our team too.....fun stuff!!  Oh and I can't forget one of my favorite moments of the day.....Jake was swimming a relay and it was just his relay group vs. one other relay group from the other team.  Jake hopped out of the water and with the biggest smile, said "Mommy, we got SECOND!!!"......loved this SO much that his view was not that he lost or got last place, but that he was thrilled to get second place!!


I can't get the video to load on Blogger, so here is a link to Mia's first race.....I can't stand the sound of my own voice on video, so please excuse my screaming!
http://youtu.be/zV8dzpEH-hs

Jake's first race of the season!
http://youtu.be/LxKPf9aqjhw


 Love the bed head....




 Thank goodness for these sweet teenage girls who assist with the coaching!  Mia ADORES them and they gladly tote her around on their hips....here she is with Zoe.


 Little Miss Personality





No comments: