Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let it snow!!!

Last weekend there was a BIG storm......we heard it was snowing a LOT up in the mountains, so we decided to be spontaneous (I know you're all shocked) and make a last minute trip to play in the snow. We decided to go at 7pm and by 7:30, the kids were in their jammies, strapped in the car, and ready to go! It didn't stop raining/snowing the entire way up. Though the kids have been IN the snow before, they hadn't been up there when it was actually snowing....and oh, was it ever snowing!! I think they got about 5 feet in the 15 hours we were there. We all woke up and played in the snow.....lots of fun! We just stayed until mid-day on Sunday because we figured we'd better get out RIGHT after the snowplow came to clear the streets. It ended up being a good idea, as Papa and Tutu lost power for over 24 hours in a 48 hour period. I would not have enjoyed that.
Jake was having a ton of fun diving right into the powdery snow, until it all went down his jacket.....he was stomping his feet and saying "I don't like the snow...I want to go home". Of course, he was back at it less than 2 minutes later....


Snow angels...


Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive.....this was the car after less than 12 hours


My little snow bunny...







Mommy's sad, sad attempt at building a snowman


Not to worry, Daddy, Papa, Tutu and Jake showed us how it's done!! Now THAT is a snowman!

No comments: