Monday, May 29, 2017

Happy 10th to Jake

OH, this boy who made me a mom.....he is beyond amazing.  As Jake turns 10, I can see tidbits of what he will be like as he grows up.....and I can still see glimmers of him as a little one.....it really is a great age.  He has the kindest soul and melts my heart at least once a day. Still loves to snuggle, still tells me he loves me, he asks how MY day was when I pick him up from school....I'm a lucky mama.  He still loves sports......he tolerates his sister and loves recess, math and history in school.  I wish I would remember every detail but I know I won't.....some days as a mom are still long but as they say, the years are short.  I try to remind myself regularly of this fact and enjoy the little things.....especially when they are still young enough to want to hang out with the ol' parents!!








Brian and I started a new tradition this year for the kids.....when they turn 10, they can pick a short vacation with just Mom and Dad, wherever they want to go!  Jake chose Spring Training (Mia will change her mind 100x over the next 2 years but as of right now, she's planning on Antarctica to see penguins).  The trip to Arizona for Jake was the stuff dreams are made of.....he loved every second and so did we!  We saw a Giant's game and an A's game, he got balls signed by the players, we had great weather, and just hung out and truly enjoyed this special time with our now 10 year old (where, oh where does the time go?!).  Jake got an extra special bonus at the A's game....he was asked to be the bat boy!!  Watching him in the dugout, highfiving and fist bumping the players....it was the coolest! Not sure who enjoyed it more....Jake or us!  They even gave him a bat at the end of the game as a birthday gift.  They also offered him unlimited Double Bubble and Gatorade when he was in the dugout......needless to say, he was in heaven.  On our flight home, Buster Posey was on our flight - it was the trip that just kept giving!  We hope the trip will give Jake memories for a lifetime!













No comments: