First, he requested that I make pancakes in the shape of a BMX bike....when I told him that I couldn't quite swing that, he settled for donuts :)
The official birthday "outing" for the last few years has been bowling....so that's where we headed. This year, his BFF, Mason met us there as a surprise to Jake. He had requested a carrot cake for his birthday....I don't recall him ever trying it, but I made in anyways and he did love it.
Mr. Pickes with Gatorade for lunch.
And Chili's for dinner! We asked the wait staff to sing to him......he was hiding his head behind Brian's arm while they did it, but he LOVED it! Funny kid.
Jake, we are thankful every SINGLE day that we have you in our life. You are a smart, funny, adorable little man and we can't see what the future has in store for you. You still love skateboards, bikes, baseball, and pretty much anything that can be done outside. You still don't like change (just like Mommy and Daddy), but are getting better with it.....your mood swings make me fear your teenage years, but under it all is a little boy with a heart of gold who loves nothing more than to cuddle. You tell me that you'll never be too old to snuggle with me......I'm going to hold you to it!
Love you more than anything and thank you for making me a mommy 5 years ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment