Monday, April 16, 2012

BMX Birthday Party

Jake chose a BMX theme this year. He had a lot of "input", which was really cute. He wanted the walkway to be lined with racing flags, he wanted cake pops for "appeRtizers", and he insisted in a race (we compromised with an obstacle course). He was SO excited for his party....of course, I loved every minute of planning with him :)
As requested, walkway lined with racing flags.

BMX shirt, courtesy of Auntie Julie :)

Daddy drawing the obstacle course finish line!

Girls table!

This is one of the few times they were sitting still....

Ready to go on the obstacle course!


I have the worst luck with pinatas....they never hold up, no matter where I buy them.  This one only lasted one hit (the loop that it hung from broke off).  Soooo, Brian had the idea to just hold it for the kids to hit.  I was sure it would end badly, but it was fine and the kids had fun ;)  


We had some very special visitors who we haven't seen for almost 10 years and they happened to be in town!  Thanks, Kenney family for coming to party with us!

Waiting for cake!

Not loving the birthday attention when we were all singing to him....


The dirtbike track he's been hoping for!

Trying out the new ramp!  Thanks Papa, Tutu & Auntie Kelli/Uncle Rob!

One HAPPY birthday boy!  Rockin' his new racing plate (thanks, Pappas family!)

Here is what Mia thinks you should do on a ramp.....perform!  Apparently she thinks it's a stage. 




For those of you who are interested, here are some pictures from the party decorations.....






Next time I will put a disclaimer in this popcorn.....it looks cute, but really is a taste that only kids would like.  It's flavored with Koolaid.  I had so many adults come up with funny faces asking (as politely as they could) what the flavoring was!!


Thanks, Auntie Kelli for the awesome cake pops!

No comments: