Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cabin 2012

Sadly, we only made it up to the cabin one time this season.....between our move, and the fact that there has been NO snow, it's just the way it worked out. We arrived on Friday afternoon and took a walk in the sun in our t-shirts......by the next morning, it was a snow and wind storm that closed down the resort at Bear Valley!










Ready to GO!

This was the last time Mia was smiling when the skis were on....she got "spooked"  (thanks, Daddy!) on the first ride down the hill and that was it.  No more for Mia.  Next year we'll try again!  Darn she looked cute all ready to go!


On the lift with my favorite little man!



Brian's skis broke around the time that we started taking Jake skiing and we've never had them fixed.  So, I've been the one to teach him to ski and I've loved every second of it.  I learned to ski when I was young like him and have such great memories of ski trips with family and friends over the years....I look forward to those times with our kiddos.  And when I see him actually SKIING and doing so well, I am so proud of him!!  Here is a video of the first half of the hill....he did great the last half too :)

No comments: